Sunday, March 29, 2009

2009 Topps Series 1 Target Exclusive Retro

I went to Target this morning and purchased two blasters of their exclusive Topps retro designed cards. You can identify these only by the number on the bar code box. The number you're looking for is 1-825-50-12-9. The boxes come with 10 packs of 8 cards per pack plus a bonus pack with one historical commemorative patch card. The retail price is $19.99 per blaster.

I personally like the design of these cards. I've read many opinions on these and most people prefer the Wal-Mart exclusive all-black design. I still prefer these. They have the cool retro Topps logo on the front and the grey cardboard backs. I agree with those that say Topps could have done more to change the front of the card. That would have been nice but I'll take them as they are. I think they're much sharper than the regular base cards.

Here are scans of the front and back of the retro design as well as both patch cards that I got:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites