Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lenny Wilkens TTM Success

Date sent: 3/17/09
Date returned: 3/25/09

I decided to send off an item to Lenny Wilkens because he holds the all-time mark for coaching victories in the NBA and he's a great TTM signer. Knowing how reliable he is, I decided to purchase his rookie card on ebay to have signed. I think I only had to pay $3 for it. It does have a crease across the top left corner of the card but that doesn't really bother me. I like to get vintage rookies signed, the condition isn't a large concern for me.

I think Lenny's autograph looks great on this card. This card in particular is also a great looking card with plenty of room for a nice autograph.

I'll pass up sending a rookie card from time to time if the card isn't attractive. Some cards just won't look good autographed. I haven't been able to find any Topps Heritage blasters locally. As soon as I do I'm going to get a couple. Those cards are perfect for TTM autographs. I love that 1960 Topps design.

I'm wondering how much thought other TTM collectors put into the cards that they send off. Leave a comment and let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites