Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Training TTM Success

Date sent: 3/2/09
Date returned: 3/26/09

I've sent 20 total requests to spring training sites and this is the only one that I've received back. The majority of my requests were sent to prospects, with only a few to established veterans. I guess I don't feel too bad as most members at sportscollectors.net are reporting the same lack of success for spring training requests.

Of all the prospect requests that I sent, this would be the one that that I wanted to get back the most. Matt Wieters is rated by most as the top prospect in all of baseball. The Orioles sent him back to AAA last week but you can be sure he won't stay there long.

Wieters doesn't have too many cheap cards so I decided to purchase a Razor rookie on ebay for a couple bucks and send that. I think you have to send out your requests with the mindset that you're not going to get them back. That way you won't send anything too valuable and won't end up being too disappointed if your request never comes back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites