Thursday, April 9, 2009

Don Larsen TTM Success

Date sent: 3/11/09
Date returned: 4/2/09

This is another example of a request I sent off where the player charges a fee for his autograph. So, as with the Johnny Bench request, I sent Don Larsen his rookie card, a 1954 Bowman. As I said before, I feel that it's safer to send more valuable items when a player charges for his autograph. Don Larsen only charges $7 to sign a card.

I was thinking it would be nice to have the famous photo of Larsen and Berra after the '56 World Series perfect game signed too. I will purchase one of those on eBay soon and send that off. My first priority is always to get a rookie card signed, when possible and affordable.

It's amazing how cheap you can pick up some great vintage rookie cards on eBay if you're not too concerned about condition. I think I only paid about $7 before shipping for this Larsen. It has a crease but I don't really care about that if I'm only getting it for an autograph.

1 comment:

Add to Technorati Favorites