Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Johnny Bench TTM Success

Date sent: 3/11/09
Date returned: 4/3/09

Sorry for the lapse in updates. I was in Phoenix for a wedding a mini vacation. It was a great time and the weather was perfect.

I was quite happy finding this return from Johnny Bench in my mailbox when I got back in town. Bench charges $40 to sign cards through Johnny Bench Enterprises. Whenever a player charges for autographs (or asks for donations), I usually feel safe sending something more valuable. I'm not sure if everyone feels the same.

With this request, I decided to send Bench's best card, his 1968 Topps rookie. It was a bit of a risk but I was willing to take it. It was already one of my favorite cards in my collection before it was signed. Now it's so much cooler.

I got a few more really great returns while I was out of town. I'll post those over the next few days. What's cool is that they're all rookie cards. I prefer getting rookie cards signed over anything else.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic return - and a great card of a great player. I also collect Reds autos... and joined up at SCN late last year. It's been fun.

    danmahan.com/autos/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, Dan. I especially enjoyed your April 1st post. I've got an autographed copy of my first Little League card somewhere as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, how much. Do I get the friend discount? First gift to the new baby? Nice blog, coming along great. Need any guest commentaries? I can do a piece on the DC Donkey, aka Adam Dunn.

    ReplyDelete

Add to Technorati Favorites