Saturday, May 16, 2009

1977 Topps Steve Largent PSA 10 on eBay

I love seeing gem mint examples of older cards. I always wonder how they stayed in such great condition after all the years. I've opened some wax from the 70's in the last few years and not everything comes out in great condition.

Steve Largent was once the NFL's all-time leader in receptions (819), he's now 15th on that list. I can't believe so much time has passed that he's dropped that low on the list. I can still remember being at the Redskins vs. Broncos game in 1992 when Art Monk passed Steve Largent with his 820th catch.

When Largent retired he also held records for most receiving yards (13,089), touchdowns (100) and consecutive games with a catch (177). He was a seven time Pro Bowl selection and was elected to the NFL Hall of Fame in 1995. Largent truly was in a class of his own as a receiver in his early years.

You can view the auction here.

One day I hope to own a gem mint vintage card like this one. The trouble will be deciding which one to own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Technorati Favorites